Page realized by Françoise and Bernard APPY.
APPY Bernard, De père en fils - A Protestant family in the Luberon. 1598-1685
Master's essay, Aix-en-Provence on 1991, 202 p.
Bernard, The Protestants of Lourmarin (Church and Community)
Memory of DEA *, Aix-en-Provence, on 1994, 119 p.
APPY-TROTOBAS Françoise, " Forcez-les d 'entrer " - Abjurations of the Protestants of western Low - Provence ( 1661-1685 ),Master's essay, Aix-en-Provence, 1993, 209 p. + 62 documents.
Françoise, The religious frontier in Cadenet - 1598
Memory of DEA *, Aix-en-Provence, on 1998, 150 p.
* DEA (Diplome d'études approfondies), or Post Graduate Diploma, taken before completing a Ph D.
The information which follow results from a data base Heredis on which we compile all the individuals we met through our searches. This data base counts 15 000 individuals and is too "heavy" to put on-line. That is why we only put in it the families that have been the object of an exhaustive statement at some point.
Appy (Apy, Appia)
Richard (de Richard)
Rouet (Roet, Rouvet)
Roux (de Roux)
To see the list of the family names of the data base, click here.
National Public Record Office
* Sharings about the exercise of the RPR¤ for: La Bréole, La Coste, Lourmarin, Mérindol, Cabrières, La Motte, Le Luc, Velaux.
¤ Religion Prétendue Réformée, in other words, So Called Reformed Religion, which was the way Catholics called Protestants.
* Files about the exercise of the RPR in La Roque d'Anthéron.
Records of the department of Bouches-du-Rhône (13)
* Rulings in the bar about newly converted,1703.
* Royal rulings- Seneschalsy of Aix - 1588-1602 .
* Registrations- Seneschalsy of Aix - 1600-1601.
* Pastoral register of the Reformed Church of Velaux-Aix-Marseille for the period from 1669 to 1685. It contains 350 baptisms, 67 marriages and 93 burials.
* Register of the notary Pierre Sambuc, Velaux. Some acts concerning the Reformed Church of Velaux-Aix-Marseille are jotted down.1643-1648 .
* Register of the notary Amand Thorenc, Sénas. Some acts are concerning the Appy family from Sénas, particularly the will of Estienne Appy. Amand Thorenc 1635-1636.
* Register of the notary Jean Sabatier, Eyguières. A mandate of the Lord of Eyguières about an affair brought to the Chamber of the Edict of Grenoble 1659-1660.
*Archdiocese of Aix-Religionnaires. This very voluminous article contains different kinds of document: 183 abjurations (from 1647 to 1730, copies of individual acts or lists for 1679, 1682, 1683 and 1684), memories written by the clergy of Provence against those of the RPR, the minutes made by the catholic commissioner for Lourmarin, Mérindol, La Motte d'Aigues and Cabrières d'Aigues, the rulings of 1663 specifying the demolition of protestant churches, a ruling of the Parliament of Provence (1664) about the banning to the protestants of having municipal responsabilities and the Declaration of 1666 against relapsed people and blasphemers.
Parishes - Cadenet
Pages in construction. The document is a book of 90 pages containing the population count of Cadenet in 1656, with mention of religion, which represents individuals.
* Converted Protestants, transcriptions of an abjuration and a denunciation.
* Pastoral visits by Monseigneur François de Grignan, from 1675 to 1693.
* Officialité. Judgments and prescriptions made in audience, inquiries, recording of acts. 1673-1697. This article contains 41 acts of abjuration, made in Arles between 1677 and 1687, concerning 57 persons among whom many are native of Languedoc. Among these acts, 2 renovations of abjuration.
Protestant baptisms 1563-1572 and 1619-1639.
This article is a baptism register held by deacon Pierre Gras (1563-1572), then by deacon Jean Franc ( 1619-1639 ). At the end, are some acts concerning Franc family (document Lourmarin I). In all, it contains 1584 baptisms, 1 marriage and 3 burials.
Protestant baptisms 1563-1572 and 1588-1642, Protestants burials 1639-1646
Pages in construction. This article counts more than 3000 acts.
Protestant Mérindol BMS (Baptisms, Marriages, Burials)
1669-1673 and 1675-1684.
The statement has been done until 10/05/1675 (6th book): 272 baptisms, 108 marriages and 28 burials.
Protestant baptisms 1699-1671
This article is made of 3 books for 1669, 1670 and 1671, containing 184 baptisms concerning families living mainly in the North Luberon.
* Register of the notary Raoul Hortie, Goult. Only one act has been jotted down (Acknowledgement of a debt in favour of Louis Appy, syndic of Lacoste) .Brèves 1567.
* Raoul Hortie brèves 1572.
* Register of the notary Balthazar Rossignol, Cadenet. Transcription of a declaration made by the Catholics of Lourmarin who don't want to send their children to the village school, because the teacher is Protestant 1628.
* Register of the notary Antoine Gautier, Cadenet.The will of Madeleine de Pontevès has been jotted down. 1651-1656.
* Register of the notary André Pellanchon, Cadenet. The will of Gaspard Maurice and the marriage contract have been jotted down. André Pellanchon 1656.
* Register of the notary André Pellanchon, Cadenet. Jean Maurice's will has been jotted down. 1669.
* Register of the notary Antoine Guiran, Cadenet. A transfer has been jotted down. 1679-1681.
* Register of the notary Jean Monestier, Lourmarin. Transcription of an estimate for the rebuilding of the protestant church. 1591-1592.
* Register of the notary Jean Monestier, Lourmarin.Transcriptions of 2 marriages. 1594.
* Register of the notary Jean Monestier, Lourmarin. Some acts have been jotted down, among which the will of the minister of Mérindol Jean Bouer and a mandate made by the Reformed Churches of Luberon to be represented to the king of France. 1594.
* Register of the notary Jean Monestier, Lourmarin. Transcription of a mandate given by the Reformed Churches of Provence (the list is given) to the representatives in charge of representing them to the provincial Synod of Dauphiné, which was held in Monestier-de-Clermont in September, 1596. 1595-1596.
* Register of the notary Jean Monestier, son, of Lourmarin. Some acts have been jotted down among which the will of Antoine de Croze, minister of La Motte d' Aigues. 1606-1607.
* Register of the notary Jacques Franc, Lourmarin. Two acts have been jotted down among which the marriage contract of minister Jacques Baile with Marguerite Appy. 1620.
* Register of the notary Jacques Franc, Lourmarin. Statement of the most important acts (wills, marriages). Some acts have been jotted down among which a mandate in an affair judged by the Chamber of the Edict of Grenoble, and a receipt made for the treasurer of the Reformed Churches of Provence for more than 16 000 pounds .1623.
* Register of the notary Jacques Franc, Lourmarin. A few acts have been jotted down evoking cases judged by the Chamber of the Edict of Grenoble 1639.
* Register of the notary Jacques Franc, Lourmarin. Some acts have been jotted down; they imply Pierre Maurice, the minister of Lourmarin.1641-1642.
* Register of the notary Théophile Franc, Lourmarin. Some acts have been jotted down; they concern the aid fund for the Poor of the Reformed Church and the will and codicil of Maurice, the minister of Lourmarin.1661.
* Register of the notary Théophile Franc, Lourmarin. Some acts have been jotted down among which the mandates made by the protestants inhabitants of Lourmarin and La Roque d' Anthéron, to be represented in Pertuis by the executive Police Commissioners of the Edict of Nantes. 1662.
* Register of the notary Théophile Franc, Lourmarin. A mandate by Jean Poudrel's wife, (Jean Poudrel was lord of Corbières and minister of Lourmarin) has been jotted down.1663.
* Register of the notary Pierre Gassin, Lacoste. A lot of acts have been jotted down, they concern Appy family (among which two marriage contracts and a will) on 1592-1593.
* Register of the notary Pierre Gassin, Lacoste. A lot of acts concerning Appy family have been jotted down. Transcription of Estienne Appy s will.1624-1626.
* Register of the notary Jean Appy, Lacoste. Made a note by Antoine Appy's will has been jotted down.1667-1673.
* Register of the notary Elzéar Gallian then his successor Pierre Voulonne, Roussillon. Transcription of the valuation and division between the hoirs of Louis Appy, Lacoste. Elzéar Gallian 1649, then Pierre Voulonne 1649-1651.
book of Jacques Perrotet,Lacoste on 1678-1688.
Some passages are transcribed, specially those who indicate the prices of the goods, the cattle, and the other products which Jacques Perrotet used to buy and sell. There is also an account of the cost of the stay - clandestine stay - of the minister Étienne Villet from December 1679 to March 1680. He visited the Protestant communities of the North Luberon, deprived of minister and churches since the bans and the demolitions of 1663. At the end of the document, is the copy of a report of burials in Lacoste from 1657 to 1663, under the ministry of the minister Pierre Chalier which did not just write the burials, but also indicated - which is extremely rare - the circumstances of the deathes.
Return in the homepage Huguenots
For every mail concerning this page, click the mailbox.